FAQ-RK Topical Horse Fly Spray – Flies/Lyme/Pigeon Fever – 300-600% Stronger than what you are currently using.
Horse fly spray top rated by professionals to work 8 hours in REAL WORLD conditions. Repels and Kills Ticks, Flies, Mosquitoes and Gnats.
RK Topical Horse Fly Spray is the answer to prevent Lyme Disease
1. See how to get off the merry-go-round of Doxycycline or Minocycline
2. Stop treating for Horse Lyme over and over and actively prevent
3. Stop flies from damaging skin, stop hives
4. Click here to see the Market Comparison Chart for Horse Fly Sprays.
What can it do and why is it unique?
1. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray™ will protect your horse for about 8 hours in direct sunlight. It lasts all night if applied at dusk because all fly sprays breakdown in sunlight. No more re-spraying every 10 minutes.
2. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray helps your horse avoid skin damage and disease from bites.
3. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray allows your horse to stomp less in the field so that they keep their shoes on and do not crack up their hoof walls.
4. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray assists in avoiding diseases like Lyme, Anaplasma, and West Nile Virus.
5. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray prevents Anemia from the loss of blood due to bites.
6. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray reduces or eliminates skin hives and Summer Itch, also known as Summer Eczema. Click here for information on Summer Eczema/Horse Sweet Itch.
7. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray prevents other diseases affecting your horse due to a compromised immune system from parasites.
8. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray stops face flies and black flies in ears. Do 1 pump on a paper towel and wipe the inside and outside of the ears, over the face, and under the chin.
Can I use for shows/racing?
FEI/USEF, Racing Commission OK
What do people say about RK Topical Horse Fly Spray?
Farrier: The horse was so relaxed after being sprayed, it was like he was tranquilized. Putting shoes on was a lot easier.
Trail Rider: I was getting pulled out of my saddle from the head tossing and shaking due to gnats. My rides are fun AFTER using RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
Horse Owner regarding Horse Lyme Disease: Our horses used to come out of the field covered in ticks and we were always on Doxycycline. After starting to use RK Topical Horse Fly Spray, the last two years we have been riding our horses instead of treating.
Show Rider: He is relaxed in his classes which relaxes me. Other horses are being aggravated by flies and my horse is quiet.
How long does RK Topical Horse Fly Spray last?
Veterinary field tested, real-world protection — you are not re-spraying every 10 minutes and we are not going to claim one spraying is going to last 2 weeks. You get a solid 8 hours of protection in direct sunlight or all night protection.
Brush off excess dust/dirt from your horse prior to applying RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
Does this repel and kill ticks?
• Yes. Assists in preventing tick exposure to avoid disease.
• Yes. Ticks will be repelled by RK Topical Horse Fly Spray. Click here for in-depth information on Horse Lyme Disease.
• Yes. Ticks will be killed by RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
• Yes. Ticks need at least 24 hours of attachment to transmit Lyme bacteria and that will not be allowed with two times a day application of RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
• Yes. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray’s unique sprayer covers your horse better than other sprays.
• Yes. RK Topical Horse Fly Spray’s stabilizer of Pyrethrins/Permethrins is multiple times stronger than other products, so it lasts longer, protects longer.
• Yes. You are tired of constant antibiotic bills. Don’t want to treat Lyme, get active in preventing with RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
Does it stop Equine Pigeon Fever/Horse Pigeon Fever?
• Yes. It stops insect transmission. That is the major vector in Equine Pigeon Fever.
• Yes. If Equine Pigeon Fever is in your area or barn you need RK Topical Spray to prevent Equine Pigeon Fever.
• Yes. AAEP Article by Dr. Spier, University of California Veterinary School, 2010, states, regarding Equine Pigeon Fever: “Insects such as horn fly, house fly, and stable fly can act as mechanical vectors for transmission of this disease to horses. The disease could also be transmitted through horse to horse contact or from infected to suseptible horses via insects, other vectors, or contaminated soil.” “Until a protective vaccine is developed for horses, we can only suggest that horse owners in endemic areas practice good sanitation and fly control.” “Proper wound control (including avoiding fly bite dermatitis on vental midline) is also important to prevent contamination from the horses environment and resulting infection.”
• Yes. If Equine Pigeon Fever/Horse Pigeon Fever is in your barn or area you will need RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
• Yes. You can’t stand around if your barn has a case of it. Protect your horse from it spreading with RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
Click here for in-depth information on Equine Pigeon Fever.
Click here for September 2013 Pigeon Fever Outbreak Article.
Why does RK Topical Horse Fly Spray work so well?
- The right botanicals combine to make RK Topical Horse Fly Spray the effective and safe choice. Pyrethrins from the Chrysanthemum flower are added to derivatives of Pyrethrin called Pyrethroids to create longer activity time and greater stability. In addition to these two groups, a third group of natural plant oils in a proprietary blend is added to make RK Topical Horse Fly Spray unique and different from all others.
- The Pyrethrin and Pyrethroids used in RK Topical Horse Fly Spray are so safe, they are used at USDA food inspection sites and are even EPA approved to be applied to fruit and vegetables like apples, pears, tomatoes, and peas to name a few. They are listed as “among the safest of the ectoparasiticides”.
- RK Topical Horse Fly Spray has been used for years to help riders compete in FEI, USA Equestrian, and State Racing Commission events with success.
- RK Topical Horse Fly Spray has a special sprayer attachment that covers four times the area of regular bottles. This allows you to easily, quickly, and completely cover your horse. Pay special attention to the inside and outside of the legs, the pasterns, belly, groin and tail. To avoid head tossing and shaking, apply to a clean sponge or soft cloth and gently wipe the face and the inside and outside of ears.
Why was RK Topical Horse Fly Spray made?
Dr. Reilly would apply a fly spray (he tried them all) prior to a procedure and he was tired of a foot flying past his face before he even started because the horse was still being bitten. He developed RK Topical Horse Fly Spray and clients would tell him the horse was comfortable and not bothered by pests for hours after the procedure. People wanted their horse’s skin protected with RK Topical Horse Fly Spray.
What Is In RK Topical Horse Fly Spray?
RK Topical Horse Fly Spray contains natural botanical Pyrethrins, a unique plant oil blend, and a synthesized Pyrethrin derivatives to protect your horse for 8 hours in real-world conditions.
- Pyrethrins .375%
- Permethrin .625%
- Piperonyl Butoxide, Technical* 3.75%
- Plant Oils .03%
- Other Ingredients 95.22%
- Total 100%
RK Topical Horse Fly Spray gives long-lasting protection.
If your horse has summer itch/summer eczema — the #1 cause of hypersensitivity allergic reactions/hives in the horse — go to the Summer Eczema/Horse Sweet Itch section.
Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory in a May 2005 study showed multiple insect sprays only last 10-19 minutes and some provided no protection at all.
To learn more in-depth information, go to Summer Eczema/Horse Sweet Itch product page.
* Not sold in any tack shop
* Not sold in any catalog